Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Su Su Ssudio

Sorry for yet another long-overdue post.  My readership is understandably dwindling, and unfortunately for loyal few who remain, I can only see rough waters ahead.  As my time left for studying approaches the 2-month mark, it's becoming less likely that enough interesting events will occur for me to fill the 10-day voids that this blog has been experiencing.  But for those still loyal to the uninteresting life of yours truly, I promise to try my best for the next several weeks.

The band is GO!  We had our first real jam session this weekend, and I see some strong potential in our still unnamed endeavor.  I'll have to admit, I was initially a bit skeptical about the whole plan after waiting so long for it to come together.  But just hearing us all creating music together, I really feel like we've got something special.  We also realized that it'd be a good idea to write down anything good that we came up with, so I think I'll need to start a music notebook soon.  That night, we came up with a slow song where the guitar was drenched in reverb and delay, making sound like a mix of Country and Surf Rock. Playing it in the key of Em(?) sounded ominous, so we named it Cowboy Darkness.

Here's a pic of some jammage.  Despite the fact that this will provide photographic evidence of our exploitation of Omid's vacant room (and belongings), I feel the significance of the event supersedes incriminating ourselves.  Omid's a cool guy, so I don't think we'll be in too much hot water over this.


I think this photo best expresses the general excitement of the arrival of two newly adopted fenders into our family.


As cool as Omid may be, I know he wouldn't appreciate returning to his apartment to find every square inch of floorspace occupied by musical paraphernalia, so I packed up all my stuff and moved it to my apartment.  Now I'm living in a double-entendre, it being simultaneously a  studio apartment and a recording studio.   I'm working on recording some cover songs to post on here.  I hoping that after my exam I'll finally have the time to complete and record some original songs.  

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Can't wait to hear some.

Brett said...

Your blog has inspired me to start my own. I hope everything is going as great as it seems from your blog. Next time you're in FL let me know....I need to get some hobbies, you outdo everyone I know.

http://brettnation.blogspot.com/

Omid's said...

sweet studio! ;( haha